Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fan-fiction: Doctor Who
You knew it was coming, fan-fiction is just awesome.
So whovians, I'm proud to sometimes associate with these people, and I get a little jealous every time someone has a sonic screwdriver or can pull off a bow-tie. However, the recent installments of the series (which in a sense was never "rebooted" because it hadn't ended, just saying that as a warning if you are not a whovian and you encounter a hard core one) haven't really impressed me. Seasons 1 through 4 of Doctor Who (not classic) stunned me. It was awesome and sciency and wobbly-wobbily. But the new big budget and shift to a new director (or screen writer) left some gabs.
I'm actually a fan of Matt Smith and he does have a talent to act. I just don't feel that the writing and storyline is up to par with the idea. Also, the pictures of the new Doctor Who look like a magician. So the best idea to save the series is to create an alternate timeline with fan-fiction that hopes to keep true to lore or to have an American Doctor Who. I'm good with both. Only if I knew how to get in contact with those people and present the series. Anyone know?
What I would like to see in Doctor Who more than anything is that dark side of the Doctor, and how everyday he remembers the weight of being responsible for destroying the Timelords. I like seeing how the people that tag along with him, like Rose or even Donna, help him stay sane, stay human. So what are your thoughts? What would you like to see in a new Doctor Who? (not the magician looking guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment